About CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship
- Introduced in 2015, Formula 4 has been developed in Australia as the critical step between elite junior karting, Formula 3 and Formula 1, and other categories such as GT3, sports car racing and Supercars.
- It is a developmental single seater open-wheel racing category for young drivers who are serious about a pathway to the top of motor sport.
- It is based on the new FIA international regulations for Formula 4 with a focus on keeping costs down and guaranteeing the highest possible safety standards.
- It’s built on four cornerstones: technical regulations, organisational standards, sporting regulations, and marketing and communications.
- The CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship drivers’ title will be awarded to the driver who has scored the highest number of points at the season’s end with the Championship winner to formally accept the award and prize at the annual CAMS National Awards night, at which all CAMS national champions are recognised.
- The winner will also be provided the opportunity of a FIA Formula 3 test with one of Europe’s top teams Carlin, one of the most successful single seater motor sport teams outside of Formula 1.
- The second, third and fourth placed drivers in the CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship will also be supported through the opportunity to take up an official test with a V8 Supercars Development Series team.
- The Formula 4 Prize : The top three (3) placed drivers, and the highest placed Rookie Driver, at each event will each receive a trophy and prize money. In order to be eligible for the prize money offered at each round, the driver must be 21 years or under as of the 1st of January 2017.The round prize money is as follows: 1st $10,000 – 2nd $5,000 – 3rd $2,500
- Rookies Award : Rookies will be in contention for the Burson Rookie Award at the end of the season, with individual round winners to receive a Burson Rookie of the Round medal. Individual winners will receive a special medal crafted for the round, and the overall winner at the conclusion of the championship will receive $20,000 towards competing in the next CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 championship calendar of events (Prize is non-transferrable). The Burson Rookies Medal is open to drivers under the age of 18, as of Round 1 of the championship, who have competed in no more than three national series or championship circuit racing events in their racing career so far. Burson Auto parts is Australia’s trade specialist supplier of automotive aftermarket parts, accessories and workshop equipment.
How to compete ?
The cars are leased to the drivers and teams for racing. Competing in the Australian FIA F4 series is as simple as leasing a car or to be introduced to the teams. For a driver to receive the Jayco ‘Road to the World’ prize, they must be 19 years of age and under.
Updates, race results and multimedia from the CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship can be found at: http://www.formula4.com.au
Season 2 – 2017:
|1 & 2||Sandown Raceway||7-9 April|
|3||Barbagallo Raceway||5-7 May|
|4||Phillip Island||26-28 May|
|5||Queensland Raceway||28-30 July|
|6||Sydney Motorsport Park||218-20 August|
- Contact : Michael Smith
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Phone: +61 3 9593 7777
- Web site: www.formula4.com.au
On-line Documentation :
- To consult the Parts Catalogue, click on the link and enter your password : Parts Catalogue
- To consult the Ford Engine Parts Catalogue, click on the link and enter your password : Engine Parts Catalogue
- To consult Technical Bulletins, click on the link and enter your password : Technical Bulletins
- To consult the User Manual, click on the link and enter your password : User Manual
- To consult the Gearbox Manual, click on the link and enter your password : Gearbox Manual
- To consult the ECU User Manual, click on the link and enter your password : ECU User Manual
- To consult Technical Information Notes click on the link and enter your password : Technical Information Notes
- To consult Mileage File, click on the link and enter your password : Mileage